Dr. Daniel Batlan, MD, MBA, - Second To None
About Dr. Batlan
Dr. Daniel Batlan, Outstanding Nevada physician, founded Specialized Pain Management almost twenty (20) years ago. Since then, the Nevada practice has become one of the region’s most respected in the field of Pain Medicine, basing its treatment of patients with acute and chronic pain conditions upon the belief that no one should suffer from pain. Dr. Batlan operates under the idea that there is almost always a pathway to relieve pain. His practice offers a number of treatment options from effective medication management to safe and effective Nerve Blocks (such as Epidurals, Facets and Nerve Root Blocks). He has been recognized as a Top Doctor by Vegas Seven Magazine and holds a full and unrestricted medical license from the State of Nevada.
Dr. Daniel Batlan attended the University of Pennsylvania, where he earned a BA degree in Biology, and The Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine, where he earned his MD degree. He also completed an Anesthesiology Residency at the #1 hospital in the country (The Johns Hopkins Hospital) and an Interventional Pain Management Fellowship at the #4 hospital in the country (The Cleveland Clinic Foundation). These rankings are provided by the respected magazine U.S. News & World Report.
Dr. Batlan is a true renaissance man.
He enjoys and is equally conversant in the entire musical spectrum, from classical music and opera to rock to jazz. He regularly attends the symphony (his favorite concert pianist is the incomporable Yuja Wang and the great opera houses of the world (his favorite opera is Mozart’s Cosi Fan Tutte). Additionally, he enjoys and has attended rock performances by Bruce Springsteen, the Rolling Stones and Coldplay. Finally, he recently attended a brilliant performance by jazz great Ron Carter (former bassist with Miles Davis) at the legendary NYC jazz club, Birdland.
Continuing, Dr. Batlan’s interests include both American and popular European sports. Dr. Batlan was a member of his prep school football and tennis teams. Separately, he has attended several Formula One races and seen motorsports stars such as Michael Schumacher, Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso. Further, he is passionate about winter sports, particularly downhill skiing. Dr. Batlan has seen skiing greats Lindsay Vonn and the Austrian Ace Hermann Maier (aka The Herminator, so nicknamed by fellow Austrian Arnold Schwarzenegger). Other winter sports legends whom Dr. Batlan has seen perform include the gold medal performances of Americans Kristi Yamaguchi and Bonnie Blair.
Dr. Batlan is an art fan. He has been privileged to attend fabulous career retrospective exhibitions such as Monet’s Years in Giverny and Van Gogh’s Years in Arles (both at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York), as well as Matisse – The Cutouts (Tate Modern Art Museum in London), Andy Warhol (Whitney Museum in New York), Roy Lichtenstein (Guggenheim Museum in New York) and Takashi Murakami (Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago).
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions – Baltimore, Maryland
- Anesthesia Residency: Dept. of Anesthesiology and C. C. Medicine July 1986 – June 1989
- Ranked #1 Hospital in the USA (U. S. News & World Report)
Cleveland Clinic Foundation – Cleveland, Ohio
- Invasive Pain Management Fellowship, July 1996 – June 1997
- Ranked #4 Hospital in the USA (U. S. News & World Report)
- Largest Pain Management Training Program in North America (American College of Graduate Medical Education)
Loyola University / Stritch School of Medicine Chicago, Illinois
- M.D. Degree, June 1985
New York University New York, New York
- Leonard N. Stern Graduate School of Business Master of Business Administration, January 2000
- Ranked #1 Part-time MBA program in USA (U. S. News & World Report)
University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Ivy League College
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences, B.A. in Biology, May 1981
Mount Sinai Hospital Baltimore, Maryland 1989 – 1994
- Attending Anesthesiologist, Department of Anesthesiology
- Director of Quality & Risk Management, Dept. of Anesthesiology
Laguardia Hospital Forest Hills, New York 1995
- Chairman, Department of Anesthesiology
- Leader of a one year department effort culminating in the successful 1995 Survey by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Hospitals
- Member, the Medical Executive Committee
The Advanced Pain Institute of Northeast Ohio Cleveland, Ohio 1997 – 1999
- Medical Director
Specialized Pain Management Las Vegas, Nevada 2000
- Founder & Medical Director
- Double Certified by The American Board of Anesthesiology and The American Academy of Pain Management.
- Numerous Five Star Reviews on Physician Review Websites
- Named Back-to-back Top Doctor in Las Vegas by Vegas Seven Magazine
- Charitable Activities: Approximately $100,000.00 donated to local and national charities since the founding of Specialized Pain Management (including the Three Square Nevada Food Bank and the Make-A-Wish Foundation).