Services - Medication Adjustment
Medication therapy is often employed as a simple and effective way to begin treatment.
A variety of “families” of medications are available. Indeed, “Interdisciplinary Medication Management” is a term that refers to the usage of medications in these different families for the purpose of gaining the benefits that each class of medication may offer. These classes of medications include:
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents – examples include Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Meloxicam & Diclofenac.
- Muscle Relaxant Agents – examples include Carisoprodol & Cyclobenzaprine
- Neuropathic Agents – examples include Gabapentin & Pregabalin
- Controlled Substance Agents – examples include Hydrocodone, Oxycodone & Acetaminophen-Codeine combinations
- Sedative-Hypnotic Agents – examples include Diazepam & Alprazolam
- Anti-Depressant Agents – examples include Amytriptyline, Fluoxetine & Duloxetine
Medications are generally safe and highly effective. However, side effects or complications can develop from the usage of any medication (whether dispensed via a “prescription” or “over-the-counter” ). You should discuss the indications and the potential side effects of medications with your doctor.